Tried caffeine-free but still looking for that perfect coffee substitute?
Have a cup of Rihla's Qishr and indulge your senses in a new taste.
Qishr is a Yemeni traditional hot drink that arrived from across the Red Sea
into the Arabian Peninsula and was initially used during religious ceremonies.
This fragranced infusion made of dried husks of coffee beans, ginger and cinnamon is often used as a coffee substitute. Qishr is abundant in medicinal properties working as an antibacterial and digestive agent. Try out Rihla’s Qishr and enjoy a new chapter in your morning routine.
Coffee Husks (Qishr)
Homemade Qishr Drink
1. place a cup of cold water in a small saucepan
2. Add 6 tsp of Qishr, 6tsp of sugar and 2 tsp of ground ginger
3. Bring mixture to a boil; remove from heat until bubbles disapear then return to boiling. You can repeat this process up to 3 times
4. Pour into cups and serve hot
* add heavy cream to enrich the taste (optional)